Thursday, August 28, 2008

What a zoo!

I must have still been feeling sick when I posted last because I forget to post why we went to Minnesota and who we were visiting. So here goes...
Joe, a friend from Oregon (and former housemate) and his wife Jen (who we all instantly became friends with the first time we meet her) along with their 2 year old daughter, Evie and 6 month old son Riley generously offered to have us come stay with them for a little over a week in Minnesota and enjoy a wonderful vacation. Thanks guys, we really appreciated it!!!
Ok, on with the trip. On August 11th, we went to the zoo with Evie, Riley, Joe and Jen. It was a lot of fun.
We saw a lot of animals. Monkeys and Gorillas...
Snakes...
Seals...
A Giraffe licking a wall...
Sleepy leopards...
And tons more. The girls loved the animals and did really well all morning.
But my favorite part about the zoo was the amusement park that was for kids right in the middle of the zoo.
Charis and I rode on the first ride. I loved experiencing that with her. She loved it too and kept spinning the pumpkin faster and faster.
Then the girls rode alone on the cars. I have to admit after getting them buckled in, I was a little nervous.
Then the tea cups with Jen and Evie...
Another one for just the girls but this one went up and down.
Save the last for daddy. They went on the swings, the ones that go around in a circle but swing you up really high. I was nervous this time that she would be scared or want out but I put on a brave face, kissed her and told her to have fun.
And she did! She loved it!
Then we went home so that the very tired out toddlers could get their naps.

1 comment:

jenbischoff1 said...

I like you guys too! ;) It was fun to have you all - definitely a highlight of our summer. Let's webcam with the girls soon!